Well I sort of disappeared from my blog for a week as I’m currently living in a house with wifi that my laptop just WILL NOT connect to. This must be what hell is. But I come back on to find I have been nominated for two awards. And not only that but by two people whose blogs I really like so I’m exceptionally flattered. To be honest though I think I’ve come to this a little late so everyone who’s blog I read has already had a nomination of some sort so I can’t very well complete the nominating 11 other blogs. I will answer the questions though as that’s an excuse to talk about myself, and who doesn’t love to talk about themselves?
First up, the Versatile Blogger Award from inkedwordsandwrinkles for which I have to write seven facts about myself, which has made me realise that I’m not very interesting.
- I once ate 7 slices of cake in one sitting
- I am mortally afraid of crabs
- I have visited 17 countries (but by the end of this year I’ll have made it to 20)
- I can name all 50 states in less than 30 seconds
- I hate bacon
- I have a first class degree (and yet I’m still unemployed!)
- I am allergic to absolutely nothing
And secondly questions from Rainman for the Liebster Award.
- What modern culture would you most like to learn about?
This is a really hard one. I think I’ll go with North Korea just because no one does know anything about their culture or way of life so it would be especially interesting.
- What is your favorite work of visual art?
In the Car by Roy Liechtenstein.
- Name the coolest thing you have done on a vacation.
Thanks to a once in a lifetime two month trip around America I have quite a few to choose from but I think I’ll go for learning to surf on Venice Beach.
- What do you look for in a blog?
I don’t really look for anything in particular, I just scroll through the most recent posts and see if any of them interest me.
- What is the last book you read?
On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan.
- What historical figure would you most like to meet?
Jane Austen. No question.
- If you had a time machine, would you go forward or backward in time?
Forward. I can go backwards in film and TV and books but forwards always seems so unbelievable in fiction that I’d like to know what it’s really like.
- If you could choose to have one super power, but it had to be something that wasn’t already taken, what would it be?
I would like to be able to remember absolutely any information that I read. Very handy for winning pub quizzes.
- How many jelly beans are in the jar?
None. If I have a jar of jelly beans you can bet I’ve eaten them all.
- What is the last nice thing you did for a stranger?
I helped a woman carry her massive suitcase up a flight of stairs just the other day.
- Say something nice about your partner. If you don’t have one of those, then a friend. If you don’t have one of those, then yourself!🙂
I will say something nice about one of my closest friends, Bryony, who is perhaps the kindest person in the whole world, has never had an argument with anyone and any time spent with her is a good time.