- People who eat really noisily. Once you notice it, you can’t stop noticing it. Once I’ve tuned in to the noise of someone eating I fixate on it. So either I eat even more noisily to try and drown it out or I have to come up with some excuse to leave. Or sit there and suffer. From my years of focussing on this I can say that bananas are the worst culprit. There’s no way to eat a banana quietly. Written as my mum walked past eating a banana and I had to subtly stick my fingers in my ears.
- Book shelves that aren’t in alphabetical order. How do you ever find anything?!?!
- People who don’t vote. There are people in deprived countries who dream of being able to vote. It’s even more annoying when people make the excuse that they don’t know enough to be able to vote. Take the time to find out. Democracy is a privilege, make the most of it.
- Websites that don’t have a mobile friendly version. I can forgive the smaller companies but for a big company it’s incredibly annoying.
- When the windscreen wipers are out of time with the music playing in the car. So very very annoying. I’m really worried that one day I might actually crash because I’m so distracted I don’t notice the car in front of me stopping.
Day 7 of the 30 Day Writing Challenge.