Because you can afford to be a bit superficial when the covers are as pretty as these are.
These are the books that I sometimes pull off my shelves just to gaze adoringly at them. And to model for lots of Instagram posts. Ideally when I have my own house with miles of books shelves I’ll be able to arrange these facing out to properly show them off. For now I will content myself with a post of my top ten. (Yes, Atonement is on this list twice because yes, I do own two copies of the same book but look at them – how could I ever choose between them?)
1. I WAS TOLD THERE’D BE CAKE by SLOANE CROSLEY
2. ATONEMENT by IAN McEWAN (Film Edition)
3. PENGUIN POPULAR CLASSICS
4. LOOKING FOR ALASKA by JOHN GREEN
5. VALLEY OF THE DOLLS by JACQUELINE SUSAN
7. ATONEMENT by IAN McEWAN (War Edition)